Katrina hosted the Spring reading challenge over at her place, go *here* to see a list of wrap-ups!
So, how did I do?
Well,... here is what happened with my list:
- Real Learning: Education in the heart of the home by Elizabeth Foss -Finished it, and loved it- it was very good, and very inspiring.
- Life Study of Romans by Witness Lee (from last list...it usually takes me a year to get through one of these) well- I'm going to have to move it over to the next list..not done
*The original home education series vol. 1 by Charlotte Mason -finished, what can I say, it's a classic and a gem.
- The City of Ember by Jeanne DuPrau -finished, really, really good- I did a book review on it *here* I also went on to finish #2 and #3 in this series.
- Orbit by John Nance -didn't read, never reserved it at the library
- The Novelist by Angela Hunt- Finished- very well written, but not something I really enjoyed..but, I was impressed with her writing ability to pull off such a different kind of story.
- Miss Julia speaks her mind by Anne Ross Finished! And I loved it! I went on to read #2 and #3 in this series, and I will for sure look for more. Miss Julia rocks!!
Now I have to add all the other books I read, not on my list...ahem..
*Queen Bees and wannabes by Rosalind Wiseman
*Lion boy by Zizou Corder -great read, I am now reading #3 in the series
this book is a great one for kids, very clean.
*Princess Diaries by Meg Cabot
*Princess in the Spotlight
*Princess in waiting
*Princess in Love
ahem...yes, I was having a binge-fest, as chronicled in this post...
*Framed by Frank Boyce -Finished, another pre-read for my kids, it was a good read, clean.
-the rest of my list:
read aloud with Josie
- Little House in the Highlands by Melissa Wiley (look for the unabridged version)Finished! but we both read it independently, the tandem reading fell by the wayside.
Read aloud with Josie and Meg
- Laddie by Gene Stratton Porter -started, but didn't get far..the kids loved it
Read aloud with all 4 children
- 50 famous stories re-told by James Baldwin -2/3 finished, using it for school
- How is was with Dooms by Xan Hopcraft -finished, great book- review *here*
didn't get to this one, couldn't find a copy-another book for next time!