2. Anne of Green Gables
3. Bachelor Mother -black and white with Ginger Rogers, a comedy!! She is funny, and there are so many good quotes from this one...a new- years scene too, nice to watch at new years.
4. Philadelphia Story with Cary Grant and Katherine Hepburn-oh a classic, and funny
6. Sense & Sensibility
7. Arsenic and old lace- Cary Grant again, you'll laugh so hard
8. Shop around the corner-Jimmy Stewart, "you have mail" was a re-do of this, this one much better, tho the other was sweet too.
9. Ever After -just beautiful and sweet, Angelica Houston was hilarious.
10. Jeeves & Wooster -of course!! Hubby says should be at top of my list! -introduce yourself to the Hugh Laurie we all knew before he had a t.v. show here.
11. Mr. Blandings builds his dream house- another Cary Grant, several re-do's of this-"the money pit" is one I can think of..this is better.
12. The Thin man - Any of them, they are all good, black& white-Myrna Loy I think
13. Princess Bride - " As you wish.../ Never start a land war in Asia/and never mess with a Sicilian when death is on the line!!" The ultimate classic and the ultimate quoteable!
it's getting chilly here in So. Ca, I'm thinking of a good movie to cozy up with...
Thursday Thirteen is a weekly meme, go here to view more.
(graphics courtesy of Beth @ blue star chronicles)