≡ Menu

On our reading shelf

Currently on the home bookshelf

edited 01-08-14*

Maximum ride
Amie

Waggit Forever

Sky
The Bible -Hosea
Woodworking Magazines

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About the author: Jenn; writer, photographer, homeschooled five children and lived to tell the tale.

{ 6 comments… add one }

• Blessed Mommy February 4, 2010, 5:46 PM

Wonderful list. Thanks for listing.

• Dad February 4, 2010, 6:47 PM

What a precious little boy…DAD

• Karen Sue February 8, 2010, 2:37 PM

Jen-
    I've got you again! for some reason, my lunchtime checking up on blogs often will not bring you up. I'm going to see if I can remedy this. Have missed reading you. And I love your new look! I won a new header design in a contest around the same time that I won yours! She wsa busy through the end of the year, but has contacted me, so we'll see what turns up.
    We read the whole Bible in church a few years ago and I made it through (because I was in charge?) There were 20 who I know made it and turned in the questions sheets every week. This year we are just doing a Bible journey, which we are into week 5 of that is a chapter a day and travels along for 6 weeks. Then we will have a break, and maybe start over to do another journey in the fall. Trying this method to get the kids involved. It is an idea of one of my friends who is too shy to take credit for it, but we have teams and each team has a camel and we have a big burlap map on the wall at church and the camels can't move until your whole team has read a week. So are you on a marathon Bible read, or just reading along?? We are doing a Mary Heart in a Martha World in our SS class of all women and really enjoying it..so much that we already have a Mary Spirit to do next.
    I'll have to keep reading as my copier churns away!

• Amy@bookmusings March 20, 2013, 9:12 PM

I love what your kids are reading! Two of mine have read Robinson Crusoe, but I’ve been unable to interest any of them in The Witch of Blackbird Pond, which is so disappointing because it’s an old favorite of mine.

• Jenn April 10, 2013, 5:26 PM

Hi Amy,

I love, love books and my kids have, thankfully, become book lovers, too. But, their taste is not usually towards the things I would wish for them…Robinson Crusoe was assigned to Meg and she complained most of the way through it, though she admits now that she learned a lot from it. I had to assign The Witch of Blackbird Pond to my two youngest students- Oak Meadow grade 5 has assigned it in their curriculum. -I read it in Elementary School and remember enjoying it, so I am glad to share it with my kids :)

My boy, is a bit of a tough-nut to crack, he is all into fantasy/dragon stuff. I just assigned him another book, to try to get him out of that genre rut: Lion Boy, and I’m going to have him do a book report on it. I highly recommend Lion Boy, it is a great read and the main character is a boy.

I’m so glad you stopped by!

• Amy@bookmusings March 22, 2013, 10:00 AM

I love what your kids are reading. Mine have read Robinson Crusoe, but I’ve never been able to interest any of them in The Witch of Blackbird Pond, which is a shame because it was always one of my favorites.